XERAL UNI I
universal interior lime plaster
XERAL UNI I universal interior lime plaster is a factory produced mineral general plastering mortar of the GP class and compressive class CS II to DIN EN 998-1.
Technical product data sheet
- As reinforced basecoat plaster on interior insulating boards or interior plasters.
- As fine plaster layer, felt-finish plaster or freely textured final coat on reinforced lime plaster, lime and lime cement plasters as well as in the new-build and renovation sectors and organic home construction
- Application for walls and ceiling
- Can be manually or mechanically worked
- Antifungal due to high pH value
- Fibre reinforced
- Low tension
- Water-vapour permeable
- Fire behaviour A1
- XERAL UNI I universal interior lime plaster contains lime, hydraulic ingredients, selected aggregates and characteristics enhancing additives
|Class||CS II to EN 998-1|
|Grain size||0 – 0.8 mm|
|Fire protection class||A1|
|Thermal conductivity λ 10,dry,mat (tabular value to EN 1745)||≤ 0.45 W/(m * K) for P=50%
≤ 0.49 W/(m * K) for P=90%
|Water absorption||WC0 to DIN EN 998-1|
|Water vapour permeability (μ)||≤ 20|
|Adhesive tensile strength||≥ 0.08 N/mm² (with fracture pattern A, B or C)|
All technical data are characteristic values which have been determined under laboratory conditions on the basis of the applicable test standards. Deviations under practical conditions possible.
- 25 kg/bag
- 42 bags/pallet
- Bag contents: 25 kg
- Water requirement: approx. 7.5 l/bag
- Yield: approx. 810 l/ton
Felt finish (3 mm coat thickness*) approx. 3.5 – 4.0 kg/m2
Reinforcement (6 mm coat thickness*) approx. 7 – 7.5 kg/m2
*Dependent on condition of base surface
- The base surface must be solid, clean, sound, frost-free and dry
- Remove surface layers which are less firm, dust, loose particles, release agent residues, paint residues and suchlike
- Check existing plaster on the base surface for soundness and bonding and thoroughly clean before working over.
- Chip off plaster cavities and fill out
- Consolidate chalky/sandy areas and prime
- Do not prime interior insulation/insulating plasters after brushing brushing!
- Where appropriate lightly pre-wet severely absorptive base surfaces
- for new kinds of plaster bases the manufacturer's relevant working instructions apply
- Always carry out plaster base inspection/preparation as well as execution of plastering in accordance to VOB/C-ATV-DIN 18350 and DIN 18550 / DIN EN 998-1 as well as DIN EN 13914-1 and -2
- Do not add anything other than pure water
- Only use stainless tools when working
- Wash tools in water immediately after use
- Mix one container of XERAL UNI I universal interior lime plaster with approx. 7.5 l of clean water and stir to a good working consistency using an electric agitator; after a short maturing time stir again and if necessary adjust by adding more water.
- Adjust to suitable working consistency – Recommended machinery equipment: General plastering helix mixer; stator: D4-3 auger: D4-3 spray head: 12 mm, mortar hose: Ø 25 mm
AS THIN PLASTER:
- As reinforced basecoat plaster on XERAL Interior insulating plaster or interior insulating boards: Apply XERAL UNI I universal interior lime plaster with a 10 or 12 tooth trowel. Apply XERAL COM 4x4 reinforcement fabric and when doing so overlap the sheets by approx. 10 cm. Lightly draw mortar over with trowel. Subsequently cover with a further thin layer of XERAL UNI I universal interior lime plaster. When doing so the surface can already be finished. It is important that the reinforcement fabric is well covered and no longer visible. The overall plaster thickness consisting of reinforced basecoat plaster and felt finish/final coat should be at least 6 mm.
AS FELT FINISH:
- Apply an initial coat of XERAL UNI I universal interior lime plaster in grain thickness onto the smooth flat surface and after setting apply a second coat with a mean thickness of approx. 2 – 3 mm, draw flat and after setting finish with a felt disc. Where required the smooth flat surface can be pretreated with XERAL PRE 02 siliceous plaster base.
TEMPERATURE AND WEATHER CONDITIONS:
- The freshly applied plaster is to be protected by suitable means from dewatering too quickly in draughts and high temperatures as well as the action of frost.
- High humidity and low temperatures can significantly prolong the curing period.
- Do not work with component and air temperatures below +5°C or above + 30°C.
Please observe the relevant standards such as DIN 18350, DIN 18550, DIN EN 13914 and publications such as »Leitlinien zum Verputzen von Mauerwerk und Beton« (Industrieverband WerkMörtel e.V.) »Putz auf Ziegelmauerwerk - Außen-und Innenputz; Fachgerechte Planung und Ausführung« (Bundesverband der Deutschen Ziegelindustrie e.V.) and »Verputzen, Wärmedämmen, Spachteln, Beschichten bei hohen und niedrigen« (Bundesverband Ausbau und Fassade).