XERAL PRE 10
XERAL PRE 10 pre-spraying mortar is a factory produced water repellent mineral general plastering mortar of the GP class and compressive strength class CS IV to DIN EN 998-1 as well as mortar type P III to DIN V 18550.
Technical product data sheet
- XERAL PRE 10 Pre-spraying Mortar is suitable as a pre-spray mortar/parget on difficult base surfaces, mixed masonry, natural stone masonry, old masonry etc. before the application of lime, lime-cement or cement plasters but especially preceding the application of XERAL insulating plasters
- In case of smooth, nonabsorbent base surfaces such as concrete or rigid foam boards however,
- XERAL COM 10 adhesive and bonding mortar is to be used as a bonding bridge
- Where extremely absorbent or base surfaces with differing absorbency are concerned, XERAL PRE 10 pre-spraying mortar equalizes the absorbency of the base surface for the subsequent application of plaster.
- Consists of size-graded and dried calcareous or siliceous natural sand
- Contains hydraulic binding agents
- Contains additives for improved working, bonding and water repellence
|Class||CS IV to DIN EN 998-1|
|Mortar type||P III to DIN 18550 general plastering mortar GP to DIN EN 998-1|
|Thermal conductivity λ 10, dry, mat (tabular value to DIN EN 1745)||0.82 W/(mK) for P=50%
0.89 W/(mK) for P=90%
|Adhesive tensile strength||≥ 0.08 N/mm²|
|Compressive strength||≥ 10 N/mm²|
|Water absorption||W0 to DIN EN 998-1|
|Water vapour diffusion resistance (µ)||≤ 25|
|Grain size||< 3.0 mm|
All technical data are characteristic values which have been determined under laboratory conditions on the basis of the applicable test standards. Deviations under practical conditions possible.
- 25 kg/bag
- 42 bags/pallet
- Approx. 5 – 6 l/25 kg bag / yield approx. 750 l/t
- Approx. 4.0 kg/m² with verruciform, semi covering application (4 – 5 mm thickness)
- Approx. 8.0 kg/m² with fully covering application
- The base surface must be clean, dry, solid and sound as well as free of efflorescence and film-forming release agents.
- On concrete and other smooth/nonabsorbent base surfaces a mineral bonding bridge with XERAL COM 10 Adhesive and Bonding Mortar is to be applied (this must have completely dried out before plastering work commences).
- Unstable base surfaces, changes of material and surface indentations are to be reinforced.
- Where unsound base surfaces are concerned use suitable support.
- XERAL PRE 10 pre-spraying mortar can be worked with all conventional plaster machinery or manually.
- Cover or mask vulnerable areas with tape (glass, ceramics, wood or metal etc.) prior to working.
- DIN EN 13914, DIN 18550 and DIN 18350 as well as German Construction Contract Procedures (VOB) Part C apply for the execution of plastering.
- Profiles e.g. edging profiles, end profiles, expansion joint profiles, edge angles and border profiles in metal must be appropriate for the intended purpose and galvanized or corrosion resistant.
- Clean implements with water after use.
- Mix bag contents with approx. 5 – 6 litres of clean water without lumps using an agitator.
MINIMUM COAT THICKNESS:
- The minimum coat thickness is 10 mm; on the exterior according to standard on average at least 20 mm. When using wire mesh support, the minimum coat thickness can be increased in order to cover it.
- Application is made dependent upon requirement and base surface fully or half covered with approx. 50% (verruciform or reticulated) with 4 – 5 mm thickness.
- In particular for plaster repairs, only pre-spray half covered.
- After spraying or casting the surface must not be moved or trowelled. The surface must be left rough.
TEMPERATURE AND WEATHER CONDITIONS:
- The freshly applied plaster is to be protected by suitable means from dewatering too quickly in the sun, in the wind and at high temperatures as well as from exposure to driving rain and the action of frost.
- High humidity and low temperatures can significantly prolong the curing period.
- Do not work with component and air temperatures below +5°C or above + 30°C.