XERAL PRE 02
XERAL PER 02 silicate sealant is a white pigmented fine-grained primer on silicate basis for interior and exterior use. Bonding bridge not only for mineral but also for base surfaces with weak silicifying reaction.
Technical product data sheet
- White pigmented and fine-grained primer for the acceptance of mineral coatings.
- Applicable on lime or lime-cement plasters
- Outstandingly suitable as adhesion promoting coating on reinforcing mortars and smooth base surfaces for subsequent thin-layer mineral coatings
- Water soluble, plasticizer and solvent free
- Fine-grained structure
- Equalises the absorbency of mineral base surfaces
- Universally applicable on mineral and organic base surfaces
- Contains quartzitic additives for a permanent silicification of subsequent siliceous coatings.
- Highly water-vapour and CO2 permeable
- Filling and equalising of fine hairline cracks
- Optimum bonding bridge
|Composition||Potassium silicate, mineral fillers and pigments, white pigment titanium dioxide, water, organic additives and binding agents (< 5%)|
|Characteristic data to DIN EN 1062||Water vapour permeability: Class I (high), sd value: < 0.14 m|
|Density||approx. 1.6 g/cm³|
|EU limit||Cat. (A/h): 30 g/l (2010). This product contains < 1 g/l VOC (Wb).|
All technical data are characteristic values which have been determined under laboratory conditions on the basis of the applicable test standards. Deviations under practical conditions possible.
- Container 25 kg
- Approx. 200 – 300 g/m² dependent on base surface condition
- Suitable base surfaces must be dry, solid, clean and sound. Observe VOB Part C and DIN 18 363, Para. 3.
- Loose existing coatings: Remove completely.
LOW AND UNIFORMLY ABSORBENT BASE SURFACES:
- XERAL PRE 02 silicate sealant can be diluted with max. 5% XERAL PRE 01 silicate deep sealant
HIGHLY ABSORBENT BASE SURFACES:
- Pre-prime with XERAL PRE 01 silicate deep sealant subsequently prime with XERAL PRE 02 silicate sealant
- Stir thoroughly before use. Dilute XERAL PRE 02 silicate sealant with max 5 – 10 % XERAL PRE 01 silicate deep sealant and apply uniformly with paint roller or brush. Cover self-contained areas with a thin layer uniformly without overlapping and in one pass. Avoid grain nests and roller rims.
- Depending on application and base surface condition dilute with max. 5 – 10 % XERAL PRE 01 silicate deep sealant.
TEMPERATURE AND WEATHER CONDITIONS:
- Do not work below +8°C.
- Can be worked over after approx. 24 hours at +20°C and 65 % relative air humidity.
- High air humidity and low temperatures significantly delay the drying process.
- Clean implements with water immediately after use.