XERAL FIN KG
fine lime plaster
XERAL FIN KG fine lime plaster is a factory produced mineral dry mortar of the GP class and compressive strength class CS I to DIN EN 998-1
Technical product data sheet
- XERAL FIN KG fine lime plaster is suitable for pore filling or covering to a smooth finish for subsequent painting or wallpapering on interior lime and lime-cement plasters.
- Healthy living through high percentage of lime.
- Specifically for the ecological and heritage conservation sector.
- Consists of slaked lime with small addition of white cement
- Contains fine limestone powder
- Contains additives to improve working and bonding
|Class||CS IV to DIN EN 998-1|
|Mortar class||general plastering mortar GP to DIN EN 998-1|
|Thermal conductivity λ 10, dry, mat (tabular value to DIN EN 1745)||0.82 W/(mK) for P=50%
0.89 W/(mK) for P=90%
|Adhesive tensile strength||> 0.08 N/mm²|
|Compressive strength||≥ 1.0 N/mm²|
|Water absorption||W0 to DIN EN 998-1|
|Water vapour diffusion resistance (µ)||≤ 25|
|Grain size||approx. 2.8 mm|
All technical data are characteristic values which have been determined under laboratory conditions on the basis of the applicable test standards. Deviations under practical conditions possible.
- Approx. 8 – 9 l/20 kg bag, yield approx. 1,000 l/t
- Approx. 2.0 kg/m² with coat thickness of max. 2 mm
- The base surface must be clean, dry, solid and sound as well as free of efflorescence and film-forming release agents.
- Cover or mask vulnerable areas with tape (glass, ceramics, wood or metal etc.) prior to working.
- Clean tools immediately after use
- DIN EN 13914, DIN 18550 and DIN 18350 as well as German Construction Contract Procedures (VOB) Part C apply for the execution of plastering.
- Mix the bag contents with approx. 8 – 9 litres of clean water and stir to suitable working consistency with no lumps using an agitator. After a short swell time stir well again and where necessary adjust with the addition of more water. Do not mix with other products.
- In initial operation pre-smooth with XERAL FIN KG fine lime plaster filling the whole area and nest free with up to max. 2 mm coat thickness. After setting but before drying, re-smooth energetically with fresh material. To meet especially high demands on the surface finish quality, a third smoothing operation may be necessary.
- Blended material should be used up after 2 hours.
- Do not continue to use material which has already thickened.
- Protect against drying too quickly e.g. by rewetting and and careful heating
- Apply subsequent paint, coatings and wallpapers only after complete curing/drying out.
TEMPERATURE AND WEATHER CONDITIONS:
- The freshly applied plaster is to be protected by suitable means from dewatering too quickly in the sun, in the wind and at high temperatures as well as from exposure to driving rain and the action of frost.
- High humidity and low temperatures can significantly prolong the curing period.
- Do not work with component and air temperatures below +5°C or above + 30°C.